Deadline: 28 February 2013
Open to: young offficials employed at the Ministries or Public Agencies of CEI Member Countries with priority given to candidates from non EU member states
Fellowship: €1.500,00 per month for the duration of seven months, renewable for another seven months.
In the context of an Advanced Training Programme for Young Officials from Central European Initiative Member Countries on the Management of EC (co) Funded Projects the CEI will award up to four (non taxable) fellowships of €1.500,00 per month for the duration of seven months, renewable for another seven months.
The selected candidates will join the Secretariat of the Central European Initiative (CEI) in Trieste. Depending on their respective curriculum and professional experience, they will be providing assistance and overall support in the fields of institution building and strategic marketing, transport and logistics, bio-based sustainable energy and rural development, science and technology policy and management. They will also be invited to follow specialised seminars organised by CEI Senior Staff.
TYPE AND TERMS OF CONTRACT
Fellowship of €1.500,00 per month (non taxable) for the duration of seven months, renewable for another seven months, with an expected starting date of May 2013.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
General Project Management
- Design, promotion and implementation of EU projects according to the approved application forms;
- Day-to-day Project Management, under the supervision of the Project Manager;
- Liaison with project partners according to instructions from the Project Manager;
- Monitoring Project Partners on project activities under the supervision of the Project Manager.
- Assistance in financial and narrative reporting according to the rules of relevant EU programmes.
- Communication activities according to programme rules;
- Drafting press releases and organising press conferences under the supervision of the Project Manager;
- Updating project activities on the CEI and project websites.
- Assistance in meeting organisation including preparation and distribution of documents, correspondence with participants, registration of participants, minute-taking, etc.;
- Preparation and drafting of documents for official communications, presentations at meetings and conferences;
- Preparation of background material pertaining to meetings when needed;
- Participation in project meetings and other meetings and conferences, as required
- Liaison with suppliers for services during meetings;
- Follow-up activities.
- Employed at the Ministries or Public Agencies of the CEI Member Countries: priority will be given to candidates from non EU member states;
- Up to 35 years of age;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Italian;
- Knowledge of another CEI Member Country language;
- Knowledge of the CEI mission;
- Experience in interacting with public bodies and EU or National Institutions.
- Good self-organisation towards meeting deadlines;
- Good team worker in an international context;
- Attitude towards working independently under the supervision of the project manager;
- Able to interact with top level management at corporate and public level;
- Strong personal commitment to achieving goals.
To apply for the post, please send your CV (Europass format) with permission of the Personal Data Protection Code (Italian Legislative Decree n° 196/2003, June 2003), a motivation letter, two referral letters and a letter of authorization for the secondment to email@example.com.
The application documents must be sent exclusively to the above-mentioned e-mail address before and not later than 28 February 2013, mentioning in the subject “Advanced Training Programme Application”. Applications received after the expiry date or through different channels will not be eligible.