Deadline: 22 January, 2013
Open to: Students and active young people from Macedonia, Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Georgia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia and Ukraine
Venue: Switzerland from 1 to 7 May, 2013
On the occasion of Switzerland’s 50th membership anniversary in the Council of Europe, the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) is inviting 50 young people to participate to a one-week study trip to Switzerland!
The trip which will take place from 1 to 7 May, 2013, aims at familiarizing the participants with Switzerland’s federal system, institutions and activities in the frames of Council of Europe.
Participation is open to young people living in and holding a passport of one of the eleven last countries to become members of Council of Europe (excluding EU member states): Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Georgia, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia and Ukraine!
Candidates need to fulfill the following conditions:
- Be more than 18 and less than 26 years old as per 1 February 2013
- Be holder of a higher education degree (or currently studying at equivalent level)
- Have advanced knowledge of English and (if possible) basic knowledge of a Swiss national language (German, French or Italian).
- Feel concerned by the core values of the Council of Europe: human rights, democracy, rule of law
- Be (or have been) involved in a non-governmental organisation (social, environmental, cultural, humanitarian, etc.) for at least six months
- Be interested in learning more about Switzerland’s federal institutions, its population and traditions.
- Be ready to share a unique one-week experience with 50 other young European people
- Be willing to get actively involved in the various actvities at all stages of the trip
- Meet the usual requirements to obtain a Schengen tourist visa
The tour will include journeys to various Swiss cities like Basel, Bern, Lucerne and Fribourg with visits to enterprises and political institutions, as well as meeting with various personalities including members of the Swiss National Youth Council. A trip to the Council of Europe in Strasbourg, France is also planned. ALL COSTS, including transportation and accommodation will be covered by FDFA, with the exception of private expenses and international health insurance coverage, which is compulsory and the responsibility of each participant.
How to apply
You should fill in the registration form in English by 22 January, 2013 and send it to following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org if you come from Macedonia. You can have the registration form HERE. Check all other contacts HERE to which you can send your registration form.
Please also see the official open call HERE.
email@example.com || firstname.lastname@example.org
078 350 598