Deadline: 31 October 2011
Open to: All interested over 18
Prize: The Grand Prize is $4,000 and some great runner-up prizes
InternationalStudent.com is excited to announce the launch of the 2011 Travel Video Contest. This is their sixth year in a row, and the Grand Prize is $4,000! There are also some great runner-up prizes. The judges panel will consist of two previous winners of the contest (Sandy Florez, 2009 Winner, and Matt Brattin, 2006 Winner), as well as two international education gurus (Jim Crawley and Markus Laitinen). To enter the competition, you need to create a short movie (no longer than 5 minutes in length) telling why you want to study or travel abroad. If you are already studying abroad, the movie can be about any trip you would like to take. Review all of the rules to make sure you are eligible, and make sure to check out the previous winners so you can see what it took to win in the past.
Rules and Regulations
- The maximum length for your video is 5 minutes. There is no minimum length.
- In addition to their video, each applicant must also submit a signed entry form. The entry form and more information on the submission process is available here.
- The deadline for applications is 5:00 PM, EST on Monday, 31 October 2011.
- The winner will book all his or her own flights and other travel arrangements.
- The winner for the InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest will be announced on our website the week of November 15-19, International Education Week. The winners will also be notified by email and telephone.
- The winner will be expected to maintain a blog documenting the trip. This blog will start immediately after the winner is announced, and will continue through the trip until return to school. Contributions are expected at least once a week during the preparation for the trip and daily during the trip.
- Your video entry and the blog will be the property of InternationalStudent.com.
- Originality and interest level in the trip, and creativity and quality of the video, are the main criteria. Click here to see previous year’s winning videos and other entries.
- You must be 18 or older and already enrolled or planning to enroll in college or university outside of your home country.
- If you are currently studying outside of your home country, your video can describe any trip you would like to take. If you are not currently studying outside of your home country, your entry must describe your proposed study abroad.
Your submission to the InternationalStudent.com Travel Video contest must have 2 components:
- Submit an Entry Form
Complete the entry form and mail, email or fax it to us at the contact information below. It must be received by us by 5:00 PM, EST on Monday, 31 October 2011.
- Submit your video
– By upload to their server (best way)
– By upload to YouTube, Google Video or another online video service. You will need to email the link.
– By mailing us a mini DV or DVD to the address below.
You will be notified if you are a finalist. All finalists will need to provide a high-resolution version of their video by mini DV in NTSC format, or a DVD in .MOV or .AVI format. Do not send files compressed for web use. PLEASE KEEP A BACKUP OF YOUR ENTRY. All entries must be received on or before 5:00 PM, EST on Monday, 31 October 2011.
Entries can be submitted by the following means:
2011 Travel Video Contest
P.O. Box 51352
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32240-1352
2011 Travel Video Contest
224 First Street
Neptune Beach, FL 32266