Deadline: 30 November 2010
Open to: Masters degree in economics, political science or related social sciences
Income: between 38.000 EUR and 49.000 EUR per year
The German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) is one of the leading think tanks on development policy. Through excellent research, policy advice and training, the Institute contributes to finding solutions to global challenge.
There is a job vacancy in department IV (Environmental Policy and Management of Natural Resources) from 01 January 2011 until 31 December 2011: Researcher. This person will will replace a staff member on parental leave. He/she will work on climate financing issues in the context of the project “Climate and Development” funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) until the end of 2011.
- Masters degree in economics, political science or related social sciences, preferably PhD;
- Proven knowledge in the field of climate politics and climate financing (in particular adaptation, but also mitigation and/or technology transfer);
- Prior research or policy advice in the fields of development finance and/or multilateral development banks is of advantage;
- Fluent spoken and written English; proficiency in another UN language and German are of advantage;
- Willingness to work in teams;
- Willingness and aptness to travel internationally within and outside Europe, including to countries with a tropical climate;
- Relevant experience in developing countries is of advantage.
Applications – preferably in paper form – with meaningful documentation are to be received by 30 November 2010 at:
Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik
Tulpenfeld 6, 53113 Bonn
Telephone+49 (0)228 94927-0
Telefax +49 (0)228 94927-130