Open to: all people of all ages
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) is happy to announce the 2010 World Tourism Day online photo competition under the theme Tourism & Biodiversity.
There is a direct link between biodiversity and tourism with areas of unique natural beauty attracting large numbers of visitors. Biodiversity is thus one of tourism’s greatest assets and fundamental to its long-term sustained growth. But, tourism can also be an important means to assure biodiversity conservation.
The organisers are looking for pictures that capture the close relationship between biodiversity and tourism. Photos that reflect the value of biodiversity for tourism and/or the contribution of tourism in protecting and sustainably managing biodiversity.
Criteria of the photos
* photos can be in colour or in black and white;
* up to 3 photos may be submitted by each individual participant;
* photos must be the individual work of the named participant and must not have been previously published;
* all photos should be accompanied by a short description, no more than 25 words.
* 1ST Prize – Round trip and accommodation to China (Guangdong Province)
* 4 Runners-up will be awarded with a digital camera
* A selection of the best photos will be displayed at a Photo Exhibition in China on World Tourism Day
* Winning photos will be featured in UNWTO News and UNWTO web page
To enter this competition every participant is required to register and obtain an electronic identification (click here)
After registration photos must be submitted electronically (in high resolution jpeg format, minimum 150 pixels/no more than 3MB)
The submission deadline is 31st August 2010.
For specific information about World Tourism Day click here