Deadline: open call
Open to: no age limits
Periond: minimum two, maximum of six months
Fund: EUR 1,050.00 per month
The objective of this program is to expand the role of the MuseumsQuartier Wien as one of the world’s largest contemporary cultural complexes and to promote international cultural exchange, in particular with Austria’s direct neighbours and other European countries. Since the beginning of 2003, seven live/work studios have been available in quartier21 to international artists who do not normally reside in Austria.
Eligibility and Conditions
* There are no age limits for stipends.
* English language skills are required.
* Stipends are awarded for a minimum period of two month and a maximum of six months.
* Stipends in quartier21 require the artists’ presence on location, i.e. artists are required to spend at least three quarters of the stipend period in the MuseumsQuartier.
* MuseumsQuartier Errichtungs- und BetriebsgesmbH makes the studios available for the duration of the stipend including all utilities (note: no telephone connection currently available in the studios);
* The artist is given EUR 1,050.00 per month to cover expenses.
* Coordination of selection and time scheduling as well as support service for the artist in cooperation with the recommending institution.
In order to apply for the residency prgramme following information must be provided in digital form no later than upon the registration of an artist:
1. Application letter
2. Completed application form
4. Ideas or concrete project proposals for quartier21
5. Visual or audio material, catalogs, etc.
All documents need to be submitted to Elisabeth Hajek at: email@example.com
Important: As a condition for award of the scholarship, written documentation including photographic material is to be submitted to Elisabeth Hajek (firstname.lastname@example.org) in digital form upon completion of the visiting scholarship.
With any further queries contact: email@example.com