German Federal Ministry of Research and Education invites outstanding young scientists from all over the world to visit some of Germany’s best-known institutions for research on sustainability. Fifteen exceptional young scientists will have the opportunity to meet and exchange views with today’s leading experts in Germany. The winners of the “Green Talents – The International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development” competition will participate in a ten-day international science forum taking place in autumn 2010.
Touring through Germany, the “Green Talents” will visit leading universities, research institutions and companies active in the field of sustainable development and they will gather specific information about research activities on site. Additionally, the forum will include individual meetings with experts and an opportunity for the “Green Talents” to present their own research.
Follow up possibility
During the year following their participation in the “green talents Forum” will be invited to return to Germany for an additional research stay (up to three months) at a german university, research institution or company in order to carry out or further develop a research project. Funding will be provided by the Federal Ministry of education and research.
* A graduate degree with above-average grades in the field of sustainable development;
* Proven excellent command of the English language;
* Age: up to 35 years;
* non-german citizenship and residence outside of Germany.
All interested applicants should submit following documents:
1. CV, including list of publications;
2. letter of recommendation or expert opinion focus- sing on your career as a scientist and activities up until now;
3. exposé explaining your motivation for participating in the forum (two pages max.): Why do you want to learn more about Germany as a key location for sustainable research? What do you expect to gain from this experience for your future scientific career? Please explain your specific interest in the field of sustainable development and demon-strate your inter disciplinary interest.
The documents need to be submitted in the form of a PDF document by 20th June 2010 to: firstname.lastname@example.org