Intercultural Dialogue in Higher Education/Research in Euro-Mediterranean, Portorož, Slovenia
Date: 22/03 – 03/04/2010
Open to: doctoral students
Expenses: participation is free of charge, EMUNI offers scholarships for accommodation and for meals
The Euro-Mediterranean University (EMUNI University) has launched a Call for students to apply for a 2- week doctoral research seminars 2010. Doctoral seminars are a form of active discussion on selected topic related to the Union for the Mediterranean priority areas. During a two week intensive seminar students thus have an opportunity to elaborate their doctoral thesis and write research papers. In addition, they can develop an interdisciplinary approach in an intercultural environment.
Description of the seminar
The seminar will examine positive contribution of multi-lingual education, demarginalisation
of unprivileged groups, management of diversity, human rights and along with them, trans-cultural competences, cultural sensitivity, care of multiculturalism and preservation of the plural society.
* 1st week: students will present their thesis and professors will present their latest research findings
* 2nd week: working on papers (in groups of 3 students and 1 professor), presentation and discussion
* improvement / enrichment of doctoral thesis
* students and professors will be required to write an article, elaborating their work /experience in multicultural environment; EMUNI will help to find publisher of the article
* specific issue of International Journal of Euro-Mediterranean Studies
* EMUNI will issue a certificate to participants
* public roundtables will be held during each seminar
The participation in the seminars is free of charge.
EMUNI offers scholarships for accommodation in the Student Residence at EMUNI and for meals.
For detailed information about the seminars and e-registration please visit EMUNI web page.