Deadline: 28 February 2011
Open to: PhD holders with experience in Policy Challenges to the EU, EU’s economy and EU’s foreign policy
Fellowship: travel, accommodation and subsistence allowances up to €6,000
The European Union (EU) Centre in Singapore is a joint partnership of the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
The Visiting Fellowship Programme is aimed at encouraging more research exchange and collaboration between scholars interested in EU-related research at European institutions and the 27 EU Centres / Institutes and EU Centres of Excellence in the Asia-Pacific and their local counterparts. Also, through this Programme, experts and scholars from the European Union can contribute to the teaching and research of EU institutions and policies in our two host universities.
Applicants should have a Ph.D and demonstrable experience and expertise (substantiated by a list of publications, involvement in research projects, inc. policy work) in any of the following research areas:
* Policy Challenges to the EU in the area of demographics, multiculturalism and integration, identity-building
* The EU’s economic, and trade and monetary policies
* The EU’s foreign policy, particularly its relations with Singapore, Southeast Asia and inter-regional ties with ASEAN.
* Detailed CV
* Research project proposal, including prospective collaborators in Singapore or possibilities leading to future major EC grant opportunities, if any.
* Professional activities including teaching experience, involvement in project or research work, policy experience, and membership in research networks.
* List of publications, including editorial responsibilities, where applicable
* Two letters of recommendation, and additional names and contact details or other academic / research referees, where applicable.
Send all these documents to: email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address below:
European Union Centre in Singapore
11 Slim Barracks Rise, #06-01 Executive Centre@one-north
Supporting grants of various amounts up to €6,000, commensurate with expertise, visiting commitments and duration, will be provided for the Visiting Fellow to cover travel, accommodation and subsistence allowances.