Deadline: 20 March 2024
Open to: international applicants
Benefits: fully funded
Social gatherings and moments of celebration are important opportunities to build and sustain healthy social connections and Pernod Ricard is committed to transforming these occasions into true experiences of conviviality and sharing, whatever the occasion is and whether or not alcohol is involved.
While they’re passionate about bringing people together, they recognise that parties and gatherings are not without risk. Moments of togetherness may fail to include those experiencing isolation, anti-social behaviour can be a threat to personal safety, and, when alcohol is involved, excessive consumption can cause harm to individuals and their communities.To truly generate the social and health benefits of togetherness, we must work together to create more inclusive, safer and more responsibly enjoyed spaces.
This ambition can only be achieved if we work in unison with others. This includes engaging meaningfully with young adults. In order to build a positive future on responsible drinking for young adults then it is key that young adults are part of this journey. This is why we’re teaming up with One Young World, the global community for young leaders, to launch the One Young World | Pernod Ricard Scholarship.
The scholarship will identify and connect an interdisciplinary team of 10 committed young leaders who are working to build positive social spaces and tackle harmful drinking and its wider impacts in their countries and communities. Scholars will receive full funding to participate in the One Young World Summit 2024 which takes place in Montreal, Canada from 18 – 21 September.
Scholars will participate in the Summit as members of Pernod Ricard’s delegation, have opportunities to help shape our interventions at the event and receive expert mentorship to accelerate their initiatives. In addition, all scholars will contribute to a collective project intended to inform Pernod Ricard’s thinking on the future of socialising and efforts to reduce harmful drinking.
Successful applicants will share their ambition to encourage positive social occasions and tackle harmful drinking. They will be actively making an impact in support of these goals through their own projects, as emerging leaders in larger organisations or by contributing to collective understanding through research. Relevant activities include:
- Prevention and education initiatives that aim to reduce excessive alcohol consumption.
- Prevention initiatives that aim to reduce social harm.
- Projects that tackle the harmful impacts of excessive alcohol consumption.
- Projects that improve physical and psychological safety in social environments.
- Projects that encourage the bringing together of communities, the savoir être of being together and educational initiatives around social inclusion and fighting isolation.
- Research into habits and the behavioural patterns of Gen Z, trends in socializing, including the role of alcohol in this socializing.
In addition, candidates must:
- Be of legal drinking age in their country of residence at the time of their application.
- Available to commit to contribute to a collective post-Summit project alongside other scholarship recipients. See ‘Collective Project’ for further details.
- Participation in the One Young World Summit 2024 in Montreal as a Pernod Ricard delegate.
- Hotel accommodation in Montréal between 16 – 21 September (inclusive) 2024.
- The cost of travel to and from Montréal (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Access to Pernod Ricard professionals in their field on the basis of needs & consultancy.
- Collaborate with other scholars to influence Pernod Ricard’s thinking on socialising and efforts to reduce excessive alcohol consumption. Make your voice heard through the collective Summit project.