Deadline: 10 December 2023
Contract duration: 3 years
Grading: 4 or 5 salary offered depending on qualifications and experience (monthly salary starting at €3.485,44 per month after tax) + other paid benefits
EMBL is Europe’s life sciences laboratory – an intergovernmental organisation with more than 110 independent research groups and service teams covering the spectrum of molecular biology. It operates across six sites in Heidelberg (headquarters), Barcelona, Cambridge, Grenoble, Hamburg and Rome. Their mission is to perform basic research in molecular biology; train scientists, students and visitors at all levels; offer vital services to scientists in the public and private sectors within the member states; develop new instruments and methods; and engage actively in technology transfer.
The Office of Resource Development creates and nurtures partnerships and raises funds from individual philanthropists, Foundations and companies to advance EMBL’s mission. They are implementing a growth strategy to widen our network of current and prospective supporters in order to significantly increase the support generated for strategic EMBL projects.
The growth and the internationalisation of the Friends of EMBL programme is part of this strategy, and this will be driven by the Fundraising Programme Officer (Friends of EMBL).
The Fundraising Programme Officer (Friends of EMBL) will be responsible for implementing a strategy to grow the number of members and the net donations generated by the programme, as well as to geographically widen the supporter base. Providing excellent stewardship resulting in high retention rates and ever-deepening engagement from Friends will be another priority.
In addition, the postholder will work closely with other members of the team to maximise the value of Friends of EMBL events and communications for major donor cultivation and stewardship.
Moreover, the postholder will also be responsible for other mid-value fundraising initiatives and stewardship of mid-value supporters (generally for donations in the range between 1,000 and 10,000 Euros).
The postholder reports to the Head of Resource Development and works closely with all members of the Resource Development Team.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Further development and implementation of Friends of EMBL growth and internationalisation strategy
- Conceptualisation and delivery of Friends of EMBL events in cooperation with the Resource Development Events Coordinator
- Communication with the Friends of EMBL, via various communication channels and in person
- Devising and updating Friends of EMBL communication materials
- Stewardship of Friends of EMBL, engaging in EMBL life and demonstrating the impact of their donations
- Identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospect Friends of EMBL
- Stewardship of all other mid-value donors to EMBL
- Leading on other mid-value collective fundraising appeals and individual approaches (as appropriate)
- Cooperation with the Development Coordinator on maintaining EMBL’s fundraising database
- Representation of EMBL and presentation of the Friends of EMBL Programme to external groups at and outside of EMBL
- Supporting, where appropriate, other Office of Resource Development activities, such as the Benefit Gala and other events and communications
You might also have
- Fundraising experience would be desirable
- Training in a life science discipline is not required, but beneficial
- Project / and or event management experience is desirable
How to apply?
Please apply online through: www.embl.org/jobs
For more info please visit the official website.