Deadline: 22nd September 2023
Open to: Candidates who meet the minimum criteria for admission to a Master’s or PhD programme at Stellenbosch University.
Benefits: Full-time Doctoral scholarships (R250 000) and Masters scholarships (R150 000)
The Allan Gray Centre for Africa Entrepreneurship (AGCAE) resides in the School of Public Leadership (SPL), within the faculty of Economic and Management Sciences. The AGCAE creates, integrates and diffuses knowledge to improve data-and-dialogue driven entrepreneurial ecosystem development in Africa in order to increase well-being of communities with entrepreneurship.
The AGCAE is currently accepting applications for its full-time, funded doctoral and masters research programmes. Applications will be considered for two scholarship opportunities – AGCAE Doctoral Scholarships and AGCAE Master’s Scholarships.
The application deadline is the 22nd of September 2023 and the new intake of full-time candidates will commence their studies in Stellenbosch on the 15th of January 2024.
Candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria to be considered for a scholarship:
- A candidate must meet the minimum criteria for admission to a PhD programme at Stellenbosch University. This requires a master’s degree in a relevant discipline for PhD applications.
- A candidate must meet the minimum criteria for admission to a Master’s programme at Stellenbosch University. This requires an honours degree in a relevant discipline for Master’s applications.
- The scholarships are open to South African citizens and African foreign nationals. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged South African and African foreign national citizens.
- Candidates must have achieved a minimum mark of:
- 70% in their master’s programmes to be eligible for the AGCAE Doctoral Scholarships.
- 70% in their honours’ programmes to be eligible for the AGCAE Master’s Scholarships.
- Only applications in one of the AGCAE’s 2023 AGCAE research themes will be considered.
- AGCAE Doctoral Scholarships: Full-time doctoral scholarships valued at R250 000 per year for three years.
- AGCAE Master’s Scholarships: Full-time masters scholarships valued at R150 000 per year for two years.
HOW TO APPLY?
For further information, please visit the official website.