Deadline: 1 December 2023
Open to: citizenship of one of the following countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Serbia, or Ukraine
Benefits: monthly stipend of 934,- €
One-year scholarship program sponsored by the Free State of Bavaria for graduates of Central, Eastern and Southeastern European states for the funding year 2024/25. The Free State of Bavaria will sponsor scholarships for the academic year 2024/25. Graduates (with appropriate citizenship) from Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia and Ukraine are eligible to apply. The scholarships are meant to finance postgraduate studies (i.e. master’s programs), PhDs or one-year research sojourns at Bavarian higher education institutions.
Applicants need to have the citizenship of one of the following countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Serbia, or Ukraine. Other criteria:
• be living full-time in your home country at the time of application.
• be no older than 30 (for master’s degree students) or 35 (for doctoral candidates) in the first year of your scholarship (i.e. on October 1st, 2024). However, justified exceptions are possible, please see our FAQ / question 9.
• be needy, meaning that you are not able to finance your studies at a Bavarian higher education institution yourself, nor through the funds of a third party (for example through a scholarship from another institution).
• provide evidence of your German and / or English language skills according to your intended study program in Bavaria. Your language skills should be at a level that you can master seminars and academic papers in German or English without difficulty (generally C1 level of the CEFR).
• be able to give evidence at the time of application that you have achieved / or will achieve a distinctively above-average university degree in your home country.
• be matriculated in a master’s or PhD program at a Bavarian University, University of Applied Sciences or Art Academy of your choice during the period of your granted scholarship. At the time of the scholarship application the enrolment is not yet required.
The one-year scholarship can be generally extended twice for up to 3 years. The scholarship is paid out monthly (934,- €) and amounts to 11.208,- € per year. Students with at least one child receive 1.094,- € per month, which amounts to 13.128,- € per year.
How to apply?
For more information please visit the official website.