Deadline: 3 October 2023
Open to: citizens of the EU 27 Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland and Türkiye; under the stabilisation and association agreements: North Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina
Benefits: cash prizes
The European Environment Agency (EEA) has recently launched a call for entries to the ZeroWaste PiX photo competition, which is an invitation for all of us to reflect on the state of modern human civilization. They invite avid photographers across Europe to capture both the good — sustainable, and not so good — unsustainable — production and consumption patterns, habits and behaviours in our daily lives.
This annual photo competitions attract thousands of people with a creative eye, capturing our planet through the camera lens. It is one of the main outreach activities of EEA, which enables people to become active participants in raising awareness and help shedding light on pressing environmental issues and the necessity to preserve nature.
- The competition is open to the citizens of the EU 27 Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland and Türkiye; under the stabilisation and association agreements: North Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- The photos must be taken in the countries mentioned above.
- All participants must be 18 or older.
- You must have full copyrights to the submitted material.
- You may submit maximum 5 entries in the competition. Each entry will be handled separately so you need to fill out a new submission form for each entry.
- By submitting an entry, you will be presumed to have agreed to accept the Competition rules and the Terms and Conditions.
The winners in the four competition categories (circular and smart, eco-lifestyles, wasteful production, consumption mania) will receive cash prizes and their photos will be featured in our print and online products. A special Youth Prize will be awarded for the best photo sent by a person aged between 18 and 24, and the Public Choice Award winner will be selected through an online vote. Entering the competition is free of charge.
How to apply?
Find out more about the competition and how to apply on the official website.