Deadline: 20 March 2023
Open to: Above 18 years old from Global North/South
Benefits: Free training and potential seed money
Are you involved with products or applications that use artificial intelligence? Are you interested in ethical issues and in making products and applications more inclusive and sustainable? Do you like working in international interdisciplinary teams and enjoy changing perspectives? Then apply for the two-month online Fellowship Programme “AI to Amplify”, consisting of seminars, networking events and workshops, starting in May 2023.
A jury will select 80 (eighty) participants from all applications. From these, diverse teams will be put together. Due to the different time zones, two groups of 40 people each will most likely be working. The online sessions during the Fellowship Programme are currently planned to take place about twice a week for 2 hours each. Applicants will be informed at the end of March whether their application was successful. Further organisational details will be announced then as well.
The programme is free of charge. There is no age limit, applications can be submitted by persons from 18 years of age. Applications from coders and developers from the Global North and Global South, but also from philosophers, artists, sociologists, lawyers and activists are welcome. Applications for coders and developers from the Global North and the Global South in cooperation with local coding initiatives are encouraged to apply. Applications from philosophers, artists, sociologists, lawyers and civil society actors are also welcome.
A good mix of teams is encouraged, which means women, queer people, people with disabilities, people without a degree and people with diverse professional backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- The training programme is tailored to the needs of the participants and is free of charge.
- It offers the chance to meet other social activists, to gain new perspectives and to network internationally.
- Participants can contribute their own ideas and perspectives to the development of community-oriented products and applications and develop them further in the team. This will give their ideas and perspectives high visibility.
- Six winning teams will receive seed money to further develop their prototypes and present them at a conference in the Global North. They thus become part of a worldwide movement/community.
- After a second selection process, two winning teams will receive seed money of € 10,000 for the further realisation of the product idea or prototype.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information, please visit the official website.