Deadline: 28 February 2023
Open to: Nigerians within Nigeria and in Disapora who are interested in running for political office or who are in mainstream politics in Nigeria
Benefits: participation in the political leadership development training, fully-funded bootcamp, one-on-one mentorship by Nigerian Politicians, and other benefits
Emerging Political Leaders Fellowship (EPLF) is an initiative of The Bridge Leadership Foundation. A non-partisan program, EPLF nurtures and prepares young Nigerians for political leadership at the local, regional, and national levels with a view to improving the quality of Nigeria’s leadership pool and the impact of its developmental interventions. The program aims at tackling the deep-rooted leadership problems we have faced as a country by exposing Fellows to the critical knowledge required for them to play in Nigeria’s political arena and thrive while in it.
- Youth activists, young politicians or political candidates, and student leaders between 25 and 45 years.
- Mid-senior level technocrats.
- Young, values-driven civil servants.
- Nigerians in Diaspora interested in leading in Nigeria.
- Young values-driven support staff of politicians (Special Advisers, Technical Assistants, Personal Assistants, etc.).
- Women and other minority groups prone to discrimination and exclusion.
- Opportunity to be part of a pioneering program on political leadership on the African continent.
- Access to a high-impact, 6-month political leadership development training.
- Opportunity to have access to, and be trained by a world-class Faculty.
- One-on-one mentorship by credible and seasoned Nigerian Politicians currently serving at various levels across the country.
- One-on-one/group meetings with, and access to influential Nigerian politicians curated across party lines.
- Cost for local air travel, airport transfers, accommodation and feeding for the duration of the bootcamp will be covered (Nigerians in Diaspora will be responsible for their travel arrangements to Nigeria).
- Opportunity to serve on subsequent programs as Facilitators, Program Ambassadors, Advisory Council members, and/or Mentors.
- Increased visibility within Nigeria’s political space and amongst its most influential stakeholders.
- Social media spotlights across The Bridge Leadership Foundation, Mentor and Faculty members handles/pages.