Deadline: 28 February 2022
Open to: citizens of any of the IsDB member countries or Muslim communities in non-member countries
Benefits: monthly stipend, tuition fees, and more benefits
The Islamic Development Bank funds implements its scholarship programmes as part of its overall efforts to develop the human resources of its member countries and those of the Muslim communities in non-member countries.
The Undergraduate Scholarship Programme was launched in 1983 with the objective to provide educational opportunities to the academically meritorious young students from IsDB Member Countries (MCs) and Muslim communities in non-member countries to pursue undergraduate or first-degree study and to train them in specific fields in order to improve their socio-economic conditions and make a meaningful contribution to the development of their communities and countries.
The objective of this Programme is to assist the MCs and Muslim Communities in non-member countries in the development of their human capitals specially in fields that are both relevant and important for their development.
The Programme is open for academically meritorious students with strong desire to engage in social services and community development after graduation. Candidates MUST ensure that they meet all the criteria of the programme listed hereunder, failing which the Application will not be considered:
- Must be a citizen of any of the IsDB member countries or Muslim communities in non-member countries.
- Candidate from non-member countries must be a Muslim.
- Must have obtained a high school diploma or registered in one of the top 10 public/government universities in his/her own country.
- Must have minimum of 70% in his/her high school final GPA.
- Must choose a field of study listed among the approved disciplines of the programme.
- Must provide evidence of language proficiency in university medium of instruction as relevant. The language proficiency must be supported by a document or certificate, e.g., for English, by a recognized language certificate such as TOEFL, IELTS or passed required level test conducted such as by British Council or equivalent system in French or other language).
- Must provide certified English or French translation of all documents in case if they are initially in other languages.
- Must not be in receipt of any other scholarship at the time of application and during study.
- Must be medically fit and willing to undergo medical tests after selection.
The programme covers the following items:
- Monthly stipend commensurate with the cost of living of the country of study.
- Tuition fees, if any, subject to IsDB’s approval.
- Cost of medical treatment at university/government hospital.
- Economy class return air tickets (once at the time of joining and on completion of study) and installation and equipment allowance for the students selected to study abroad at partnered universities/countries.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information, visit the official website.