Deadline: 16 September 2021
Open to: invitation mainly concerns professionals and students of graphic and visual arts
Benefits: honorary distinctions and cash prizes
The Museum of Typography by Giannis and Eleni Garedaki announces the 6th International Poster Contest, without a thematic restriction, giving designers the opportunity to express their interests and concerns through their poster, and highlighting the role of the poster as an imprint of every human activity. The pandemic and more recently the vaccination are the topics that have dominated our every day life for the past year and a half, while other creative proposals are also welcome.
1. The invitation mainly concerns professionals and students of graphic and visual arts.
2. Those interested should send their work to the email: email@example.com. The poster should be accompanied by the entry form and a short description of the project (up to 100 words). The name of both files should be the name of the contestants.
3. The dimensions should be 50 × 70 cm PDF, CMYK, image at 200 ppi and should not exceed 25 MB. Otherwise the shipment should be done by wetransfer. It is necessary to attach a poster file in jpg format in low resolution up to 1 MB for web use.
4. Each participant can submit only one, original project, which has not participated in another competition. The employees of “Haniotika Nea” SA and the “Museum of Typography by Giannis & Eleni Garedaki” are excluded from the competition.
5. The poster must bear the museum logo. You can find the logo at www.typography-museum.gr/logos.pdf
The 30 posters selected by the jury will receive honorary distinctions and the first three will receive significant cash prizes.
• 1,500 euros the first winner
• 1,000 euros the second winner
• 700 euros the third winner
These posters will be presented in an exhibition that will be hosted in the amphitheater of the Museum of Typography for a year, until the next competition.
The awarding of prizes and distinctions will take place on Saturday, October 30, 2021, in the amphitheater of the Museum of Typography, at the Small Industries Park of Chania, in Souda, Crete.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information, please visit the official website.