Deadline: 1 March 2021
Open to: candidates under 45 years old from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine, or Uzbekistan
Benefits: fully funded
The Kirkland Research Program is offering a scholarship for a one-semester research stay in Poland during the 2021/22 academic year for candidates with a PhD degree who have an established academic position.
- Economics and Management
- Administration / Management (i.e. business, NGOs, culture, education, or healthcare)
- Public Administration (Central or Local Government Administration)
- Social Sciences (Social Psychology, Sociology)
- Political Science and International Relations
- Environmental and Climate Protection
- Security and Cybersecurity
- Crisis Management
- Development Policy and Humanitarian Aid
Candidates who intend to return to their home country after the completion of the scholarship and implement the project they have prepared under the scholarship and the knowledge they have gained in Poland, are invited to submit applications. Kirkland Research scholarship is a scholarship for a stay in Poland from mid-September to late January (first semester). Kirkland Research Program grantees participate in scientific seminars and work individually under the supervision of an academic advisor; this work is to result in the preparation of a scientific article. The requirement for obtaining a diploma for completing the Program is a scientific article approved for printing by the grantee’s academic advisor and 2 the presentation, during the January convention of scholarship holders, of the results of this work.
- have citizenship and permanent residence in one of the countries covered by the Kirkland Research Program: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine, or Uzbekistan;
- be under 45 years of age;
- have experience in research and scientific work – minimum 4 years;
- have at least two years break from participation in any previous scholarship abroad that was longer than 6 months;
- have scientific achievements, including publications;
- have a knowledge of Polish or English at minimum B2 level. (In the case of having English at B2 level, Polish must be at least at A1 level)
The Program offer is addressed to candidates who have not participated in the Lane Kirkland Scholarship Program, have not completed their doctoral studies in Poland, and are not teaching at a Polish university.
- stipend paid for four months (2,200 PLN per month) – around 480 EUR
- accommodation provided during the four months stay in Poland
- reimbursement of travel expenses (arrival in Poland and return) according to limits set annually
- reimbursement of public transport costs
- scientific and didactic package up to PLN 3,500
- health insurance for medical outpatient care, treatment costs in case of an emergency, and civil liability insurance
- participation in the introductory course and grantees conventions
How to apply?
Before applying please read the document about the program overview here.
For more information please visit the official website.