Deadline: 10 January 2021
Open to: early-career researchers who are citizens or residents of any African country
Benefits: stipend of £1,300 per month
The British Council, in partnership with the Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities (IASH) at the University of Edinburgh, has developed the British Council “Decolonising Digital” Fellowship opportunity for early-career researchers from Africa who are living and working on the continent.
The successful candidate will undertake a 7 month research fellowship based with IASH at the University of Edinburgh, starting in April 2021. During their fellowship, Fellows will work closely with British Council experts in the UK and Africa to refine and shape the direction of their research and its outputs. There will be further opportunities to share, disseminate and apply the findings of the research in collaboration with the British Council in Africa once the fellowship is completed.
Open to early-career researchers who are citizens of any African country and resident on the continent.
In addition, applicants must have:
- A research and/or professional background that relates to the core areas of British Council programming and strategic engagement: Culture and Creative Industries, Education, Inclusive Communities, and International Cultural Relations more broadly
- An interest in and understanding of digital technologies and platforms and in debates around digital access and inclusivity
- Experience of engaging non-academic audiences and stakeholders in research (e.g. through engagement with policy makers, practitioners, artists or broad public audiences)
- Commitment to professional development and a clear understanding of how the fellowship will support this
- Clear commitment to knowledge sharing and the development of best practice beyond the timeframe of the fellowship itself, based on the networks, insights and learnings developed through their research.
Fellows will receive:
- A stipend of £1,300 per month.
- A £1,000 travel grant and assistance with the UK visa application process and costs.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information, visit the official website.