Deadline: 20 December 2020
Open to: young professionals, CSOs and community leaders in western Balkans
Benefits: participation, contribution and exchange of views on the process of democratization and resilience in the region
Are you aged between 18 and 35, citizen of one of the countries of the Western Balkans, involved in your community and determined to contribute to the efforts to reconcile and democratize your society? If yes, then this call is for you!
Within the framework of the project Supporting Democratization and Reconciliation Process in the Western Balkans, GLOBSEC is looking to recruit a cohort of 30 young professionals: leaders of CSOs, representatives, community leaders, political parties’ representatives, journalists and online activists e.g., bloggers, vloggers, commentators, that will embark on a series of activities from January until September 2021.
The project aims at supporting the democratization and reconciliation process in the region by engaging and raising the capacities of young professionals and journalists from the six Western Balkan countries, enhancing the trust and peace-building efforts in societies.
- Young professionals (leaders of CSOs, representatives of political parties), journalists, bloggers, vloggers, analysts, media commentators, etc;
- Age: 18-35;
- Citizenship of one of the countries of the Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia) and currently residing in the region;
- A track record of actively contributing to local/regional/national initiatives/international initiatives related to democracy promotion, reconciliation, conflict resolution, national dialogue, human rights, minority rights, etc.;
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written;
- Ability to work both independently and in multicultural and multinational teams;
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results;
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a diverse/complex environment;
- Commitment to attend every project activity (online and in-person);
- Keen to engage in person and online, share information, knowledge and opportunities with their peers and their community;
- Passionate about promotion of democratic values and reconciliation in the Western Balkan region and ready to play a key role in transforming your own community;
- Ready and available to initiate, implement and/or participate proactively in civic engagement activities, high profile events, closed door roundtables;
- Ready and available to amplify the outreach.
- Engagement for 9 months (January 2021 until September 2021);
- Participation in 4 online workshops, 1 in person roundtable (Slovakia) attendance at in-person training (Albania or Bosnia and Herzegovina), policy proposals’ drafting, communication and outreach activities.
- Participation, contribution and exchange of views on the process of democratization and resilience in the region;
- Successful participation at in person train the trainers;
- Active contribution and drafting of policy proposals on topics agreed with other peers and external advisors;
- Network of “Youth Ambassadors for Reconciliations” and subsequent ideas of projects and activities.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.