Deadline: 30 August 2020
Open to: international applicants
Scholarship: EUR 3,061/month
The Strategic HRM Chair Group at the Nijmegen School of Management invites applications for a PhD position. They are looking for an enthusiastic and result-driven PhD candidate, who is looking forward to an interdisciplinary study with societal relevance. The position is part of the NWO-funded LEADER (LEAdership DEvelopment in Road transport) project, and will be supervised by Prof. Beatrice van der Heijden, Dr Jeroen de Jong, and Dr Ellen Rusman (Open Universiteit). The LEADER project is funded by NWO’s Human Capital: Future of Work programme. The aims of this project are to study: a) how leadership of truck drivers can be optimised to improve sustainable employability; b) the critical success factors for developing leaders in a context of learning communities within a road transport environment; and c) how learning communities can be designed and configured to support effective, adaptive and innovative collaboration networks that effect learning and working processes of leaders in road transport.
– A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Occupational Psychology, Industrial Engineering & Management, or in a related field in the social sciences.
– Academic excellence, as demonstrated by grade transcripts and CV.
– A solid understanding of both quantitative and qualitative research methods and design-based research.
– Excellent command of written and spoken Dutch and English and excellent communication skills.
– The ability to work both independently and as a team player.
– Affinity with software design and development.
– A proactive, result-driven and flexible working attitude.
– The ability to finish your PhD thesis in time, which requires strong skills in project management, creativity, proactive behaviour, resilience, and excellent academic writing skills.
– Employment: 40 hours per week.
– The gross starting salary amounts to EUR 2,395/month, and will increase to EUR 3,061 in the fourth year (salary scale P).
– In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
– Duration of the contract: You will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years.
How to apply?
Please address your application to prof. Dr. B.I.J.M. (Beatrice) van der Heijden and submit it, using the application button, no later than 30 August 2020, 23:59 Amsterdam Time Zone.
Your application should include the following attachments:
– Letter of motivation explaining your motivation, your interest in the project, and your competencies.
– Your CV, including qualifications, grades, a list of academic publications (if applicable), and an academic reference supporting your application.
– Proof of academic writing skills such as a chapter from your Bachelor’s or Master’s thesis or an academic paper.
The first round of interviews will take place on 15 September 2020. The second round of interviews will take place on 29 September 2020.
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.