Deadline: 16 April 2020
Open to: young leaders who are aged 18 – 30 and have proven impact the field of sustainable agriculture
Benefits: fully funded scholarship to the One Young World Summit 2020
Applications are open for the Asahi Growing Sustainably Scholarship for the One Young World Summit 2020. At Asahi, they hold sustainability as their responsibility – they value the gifts of nature and manage them effectively by reducing water consumption, minimizing their carbon footprint and reusing waste products.
This year, they have partnered with One Young World to create the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG13. The Challenge aims to find and support solutions that will contribute to the future of sustainable agriculture by supporting and enabling farmers to reduce their emissions and/or help adaptation and resilience against the climate challenges of this decade and beyond.
In addition to their Lead2030 Challenge, they have created the Growing Sustainably Scholarship. This programme will enable 8 young leaders who are driving innovation in sustainable agriculture to participate in the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich as part of Asahi’s global delegation.
This scholarship is intended to support young leaders who are:
- Aged 18 – 30
- Have demonstrated leadership capacity.
- Have proven impact in the field of sustainable agriculture. This can include work that:
- Improves the climate resilience of crops through sustainable practices.
- Reduces on-farm greenhouse gas emissions, water or energy us through new technologies.
- Supports farmers in fostering innovation and improving access to information, raising awareness of climate risks and new skills training.
- Addresses the sustainability of the wider supply chain beyond the farm.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 13 and 17 (inclusive October 2020
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner from 14 to 17 October
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Access to bespoke Asahi programming around the businesses participation in the Summit including pre-Summit onboarding calls, an Asahi buddy from the company’s internal delegation and a post-Summit feedback session.
How to Apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the offiical website.