Open to: teachers, authorities and workers of elementary, primary and high school educational levels, community representatives and members of civil society organizations
Benefits: certificate of Approval issued by CLAYSS Latin American Center for Solidarity Service Learning
A four-month course: 1 semester: March–June / 2° semester: August-November.
• Promote the design, implementation and institutionalization of educational projects based on the service-learning pedagogy in schools and civil society organizations.
• Recognize the characteristics of a service-learning project and its differences with other solidarity practices.
• Learn and apply different strategies and tools for the diagnosis, design, implementation and evaluation of service-learning projects.
• Reflect on the role of educators (teachers, youth leaders and non-formal education spaces) as service-learning project coordinators, and the impact of community-based educational practices on children, adolescents, youth and their communities.
– Examination: The course is in English because in that way we can get to more people, but all participants, even the tutors are not English speakers. Having said that, we do not expect English experts, but we need that participants can understand, read and be able to write in English.
– Course structure: The course takes place in an online platform and the tasks have to do with reading written material, watching videos, completing assignments and commenting on forums. The final examination is the production of a written final project.
– Dedication: 2 to 3 hours a week.
• Online participants will have virtual follow-up tutoring sessions with a CLAYSS tutor. Online tutors will answer all queries regarding conceptual contents and assignments presented throughout the program units and will provide guidance to produce the Final Project, which participants should hand in at the end of the course.
• On average, students are expected to spend 3-4 hours a week reading and completing the assignments proposed by the Course.
Teachers, authorities and workers of elementary, primary and high school educational levels, community representatives and members of civil society organizations.
Certificate of Approval issued by CLAYSS Latin American Center for Solidarity Service Learning.
– Costs: If you live in Central and Eastern Europe you can apply to obtain a scholaship. If you go through the selection process and you receive one you do not have to pay anything. CLAYSS is offering scholarships and as a counterpart we request a detailed report about the educational situation in your country
How to Apply?
In order to apply you must fill in the application form.
For more information please visit the official website.