Deadline: 15 April 2020
Open to: anyone who’s 18 years or older
Benefits: first prize of up to USD 1,000
Welcome to the Everything Change Climate Fiction Contest, presented by the Imagination and Climate Futures Initiative at Arizona State University. Inspired by the incredible international response to Arizona State University climate fiction contests in 2016 and 2018, Arizona State University are proud to announce the third contest in 2020—a momentous year for climate action, and an unprecedented opportunity to re imagine how humans will live on this planet in the future.
Participants must be 18 years or older. U.S. and international submissions are welcome. ASU students and employees are welcome to participate.
- The author of the winning story will receive a $1000 prize, and nine finalists will receive USD 100 prizes.
- The winning story and finalists will be published in an anthology by the Imagination and Climate Futures Initiative at Arizona State University.
How to apply?
- Submit up to one (1) work of short fiction with a maximum length of 5,000 words;
- Your submission must be under 5,000 words;
- Your submission must contain no identifying information (including your name) anywhere within the document;
- Submissions that exceed 5,000 words or contain any identifying information about the author will be disqualified;
- Submissions must be original work that has not been previously published in print or online;
- While the presence of other languages in the text is acceptable, the majority of the work must be written in English.
For full details and to submit your story, visit official website.