Deadline: 5 February, 2020
Open to: individuals between 25-45 years old who have a post-secondary education and a senior position within trade, industry or the public sector
Benefits: fully funded
Are you a change agent? Do you want to be a part of a business network of emerging leaders with a shared interest in working for a sustainable future in Asia, Africa, and Europe? Join the Swedish Institute Management Program and learn more about responsible leadership and sustainable business.
The mission of the Swedish Institute Management Program (SIMP) is to lead change for responsible leadership and sustainable business practices. The program challenges traditional approaches to do business and explores how businesses can become more focused on sustainability in the global economy.
The program invites prominent figures in the commercial and political sectors as well as academia to present topics such as climate change, responsible financing, stakeholder engagement, and leadership development. The curriculum includes theoretical approaches, problem-solving using real business cases and interactive workshops with experienced practitioners. It also includes company visits and coaching on their own business case.
In the program, you collaborate with the other participants to maximize your learning experience, creative thinking and how to lead value-driven change. The program includes theoretical approaches, problem-solving using real business cases, interactive workshops and company visits.
SIMP will give you:
- A long-lasting network of leaders focused on sustainable business and responsible leadership
- Increased knowledge about environmental, social and financial aspects of sustainable business
- Skills on how to make a positive business impact
- Increased leadership competence with a focus on personal leadership
- Insights into business cases in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice
- Exchange of experience with prominent practitioners in business and the public sector
- Have previous leadership experience as a manager, team leader or project leader
- Have a senior position within trade, industry or the public sector where you’re working closely with business development
- Have a post-secondary education
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- Work in a company or organization where you have a platform and large internal network and the possibility to influence through different change projects.
- Age between 25-45 years old
- Citizen/resident of Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Sweden and Ukraine
- They are looking for participants with an interest in sustainability and with the aspiration to make it an integral part of the business strategy. You can drive decisions and have a mandate to influence the business strategy for your organization. Furthermore, you have the willingness to use competences and knowledge you gain from the program.
- They value participants with good collaboration and communication skills. To make the most out of the program they believe that you have the energy, drive, and willingness to develop both personally and professionally and the ambition to make a change.
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute:
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the program
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
How to Apply?
For more information, and how to apply, please visit the official website.