Deadline: 16 January 2020
Open to: young people aged 18-30 with a keen interest in the topic of shrinking space for civil society
Venue: 2-6 March, 2020, Strasbourg, France
More and more civil society organisations face challenges and restrictions across Europe. Young people and their organisations are particularly vulnerable in the context of shrinking civil space. The study session, organised by the European Confederation of Youth Clubs in collaboration with Rural Youth Europe and the Council of Europe at the European Youth Center in Strasbourg, “Shrinking space for civil society” brings together young activists to raise awareness on the topic.
The main aim of this study session is to empower young people and youth organisations to engage in expanding the space for civil society through youth work and youth-led actions.
The study session is open for:
- Young people with a keen interest in the topic of shrinking space for civil society;
- Engaged in meaningful participation in civil society from the European Confederation of Youth Clubs and Rural Youth Europe member organisations, or members of NGOs, youth workers, youth leaders, volunteers, human rights defenders;
- Motivated to build solidarity and further civil society spaces and connections between youth organisation and informal youth groups;- age 18-30, residents of European Cultural Convention signatory countries, with good use of English.
- Accommodation and meals will be provided and paid for by the Council of Europe at the European Youth Center Strasbourg. The participants may need to share rooms.
- Travel expenses and visa fees are 100% reimbursed based on the presentation of the relevant receipts according to the rules of the Council of Europe. Only the participants who attend at least 80% of the whole study session can be reimbursed. The payment will be made either by bank transfer after the course or at the end of the course in cash (in euros). Participants are asked to use the cheapest transportation possible. More information about the travel conditions will be sent with the acceptance letter to participants.
- Participants requiring a visa should fill in the part of the application about details required for visa. The cost of the visa will be reimbursed upon presentation of a receipt. Agency fee or visa service fee will not be reimbursed. If the participant has to travel to get the visa the cost of the travel is not automatically reimbursed, so the participant should in this case contact ECYC at firstname.lastname@example.org and check if the reimbursement of the travel for the visa is possible.
How to Apply?
All candidates must apply using the online application form.
For more information, please visit the official call.