Deadline: 14 February 2020
Open to: citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries
Benefits: tuition fees, travel and living allowance
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship under the above Scholarship Award Scheme for the 2020 / 2021 academic session.
Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the scholarship award provides applicants with the opportunity to undertake Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degree at any one of the following institutions of higher education:
· Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD),
· Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA),
· Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and
· Politeknik Brunei (PB).
The academic year commences July/August 2020.
1.1 Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
1.2 Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs on the 31st July 2020.
1.3 The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
Programs offered and entry qualifications are available from the following:
i) Universiti Brunei Darussalam
ii) Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali
iii) Universiti Teknologi Brunei
The scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
- exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the program;
- an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
- a monthly personal allowance of USD 369.96;
- a monthly meals allowance of USD 110.99;
- an annual book allowance of USD 443.96;
- accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the program, at a maximum amount of:
- USD 184.98 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- USD 369.96 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
- comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
How to Apply?
Application forms can be downloaded from the link.
For more information please visit their official web site.