Deadline: 22 January 2020
Open to: early and mid-career policy professionals for the academic year 2020-2021
Benefits: provided funds of USD 2,500 per month
The EUI is a unique international center for research and teaching, situated in Florence, Italy. The School of Transnational Governance delivers teaching and high-level training in the methods, knowledge, skills and practice of governance beyond the state. The STG, founded in 2017, brings the worlds of academia and policy-making together in an effort to navigate a context, both inside and outside Europe, where policy-making increasingly transcends national borders. The STG Policy Leaders Fellowship is a global program at a global institution.
Applicants should be:
- Early or mid-career professionals (e.g. in politics, civil service, media and non-governmental organisations), able to demonstrate both professional experience and potential for future excellence in the policy sphere.
- Genuinely engaged individuals involved in policy issues, especially those related to transnational governance.
- Self-motivated, able to present a clear work plan for the fellowship to show what the applicant will achieve and how this work will have a ‘multiplier’ effect after the fellowship.
- Curious and engaged contributors. Fellows are expected to be part of the EUI community on a daily basis and to participate in peer discussions on topics which may be beyond their expertise.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
The fellowship is open to applications from anywhere in the world, regardless of nationality. EU citizenship is not required. There is no maximum or minimum age limit.
The fellowships last for 5 (fixed term in the first or second semester) or 10 months (fixed term from September to June), and are fully-funded with a grant of EUR 2,500 per month. Fellows must live in the area of Florence for the duration of their fellowship. A family allowance is available where appropriate.
How to Apply?
Applications have to be submitted through the Online Application Form. There are no paper forms to complete or to mail – hard copy or e-mail applications will not be accepted.
There are two distinct phases in the application process:
- Register your application
- Submit your application by 22 January 2020 (12:00 noon CET)
Once you have registered your application you may continue to work on the application details and attachments until the deadline. Submit the application only when you have filled in all the information correctly and have successfully uploaded the final version of the attachments.
After submission, it will not be possible to update or modify your application.
For more information and to apply please visit the official website link.