Deadline: 9 January 2020
Open to: all professionals around the world
Benefits: a chance to win EUR 10,000 and to showcase your work to a global audience
The annual contests recognize and celebrate the best visual journalism produced over the last year. An independent jury selects the prize-winning photographs and productions, which are later assembled into the annual exhibition and yearbook. The annual Photo Contest and Digital Storytelling Contest is now open for entries.
The World Press Photo Contest rewards photographers for the best single exposure pictures contributing to the past year of visual journalism. Whether entered as singles or stories, these pictures are judged in terms of their accurate, fair, and visually compelling insights about our world.
The Digital Storytelling Contest, open to short documentary film and interactive productions, recognizes and rewards forms of visual storytelling enabled by digital technologies.
The applicants must be professional visual journalists.
A chance to win EUR 10,000 and to showcase your work to a global audience.
How to apply?
- 2 December 2019: Contests open for entries 12.00 noon CET.
- 9 January 2020: Registration deadline. 12.00 noon CET.
- 14 January 2020: Submission deadline. Contest websites close 12.00 noon CET.
- 16 April 2020: Awards Show in Amsterdam.
- 17-18 April 2020: World Press Photo Festival in Amsterdam.
For more details please visit the official web page.