Deadline: 15 January 2020
Open to: students graduated in economics
Benefits: approximately EUR 47 500 annual salary
NHH Norwegian School of Economics is one of the leading business schools in Europe. NHH has an internationally recognized research environment and is the first choice for students who want to study business administration in Norway. NHH has 3,400 students and 400 employees.
The Department of Economics is looking for highly motivated and talented individuals. The Ph.D. specialization in economics aims to give dedicated graduates a solid training in performing high-quality scientific research in economics, making use of state of the art empirical and theoretical techniques. The program prepares students for the international academic job market, for positions at national and international policy institutions, central banks and research organizations.
Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements of the Ph.D. Programme.
- Master of Science (MSc) or comparable degree relevant for your specialization (e.g. MSc in Economics and Business Administration, Social Sciences, Psychology, Philosophy, Mathematics, Engineering, Industry, Management, Law). Applicants must normally have completed a 5-year master’s degree program;
- Minimum B (4) in Grade Point Average (GPA), five-point scale (A=five, B=four, C=three, D=two, E=one);
- Minimum B (4) on your master thesisl
- An adequate level of academic and English language proficiency. This may require specific documentation by proficiency tests.
The annual salary for the Ph.D. Research Scholar position is set according to the Norwegian State Salary, which currently is NOK 479 000 (equivalent to approximately EUR 47 500 or USD 52 300). The salary ensures a fair standard of living in Norway and is subject to Norwegian taxes and benefits, including public health care benefits and pension savings.
How to apply?
You are required to upload electronically the following documentation with your application:
- Certificate of a Master of science degree or equivalent (please include transcripts of grades)
- Certificate of a Bachelor degree or equivalent (please include transcripts of grades)
- Other relevant certificates or transcripts (e.g. courses completed at the PhD level)
- If the issuing authority of grades and degrees does not use the ECTS grading scale, please include an official description of the applied grading scale system
- Statement of purpose describing your motivation for applying this position (250-300 words)
- Tentative research proposal (2000-4000 words) describing the aims, objectives, research questions, and elaborating on your motivation for pursuing the proposed area of research. Please note that your research project is tentative and often needs adjustments after acceptance into the program
- Curriculum vitae
- A list of all publications and/or other documented research activities
- Contact details of two referees
Please upload the documents in separate files, not combined in one single file.
A letter of recommendation may strengthen your application but is not mandatory. The referees should send their letters of recommendation to email@example.com by the latest 15 January 2020.
In order to apply, please click here.
For more information, please visit the official web page.