Deadline: as soon as possible
Open to: applicants aged 18-30 from Austria, Slovenia or Croatia
Venue: 15 October 2019 – 15 October 2020, Vicenza, Italy
Arci Servizio Civile Vicenza is a non-profit organization born with the aim of promoting the values of peace, non-violence and Civil Service as a form of education to active citizenship. They create and coordinate volunteering projects in social and cultural fields. Some of the volunteers we recruit are in service in Porto Burci, a cultural and environmental center we manage together with other 4 organizations. Thanks to their help, we organize training courses and many kinds of events such as workshops, movie screenings, exhibitions, conferences and small concerts.
They are located in Vicenza, a city of about 120 000 inhabitants in the Northern East Italian region of Veneto. Since 1994 it is enlisted in UNESCO world heritage sites. Crossed by the rivers Retrone and Bacchiglione and with a lake in the surroundings, Vicenza’s landscape is mostly plain and partly hilly. The urban centre is equally distant from the sea and the mountains, which can be reached in around one hour trip. The most famous city nearby is Venice, also reachable in the same time span.
- Applicants from Austria, Slovenia or Croatia aged 18-30, are eligible to apply for this call;
- The volunteer should be able to mingle with people of different age, culture and background and should be motivated for this experience;
- This call is open for participants who are interested in the proposed activities: this has to be demonstrated during the selection process;
- Candidates who have already had some volunteering experience (even short) and who are already involved in the activities of the sending organization will be preferred, so that the volunteer and the staff can meet more easily during the application and the pre-departure, as well as contributing with what has been learned upon return.
- Food allowance, insurance, pocket money and return trip are covered by the project;
- The accommodation will be a room in an apartment shared with other young people. It will be as close as possible to the city centre, or in a position which is well connected by public transport.
- The organization will provide a pass for using busses and/or a bike;
- The volunteer will have the kitchen at disposal, so the meals can be arranged independently.
How to apply?
Please apply in the European Youth Portal europa.eu/youth/solidarity/placement/14683_en and send a cv and motivation letter to Anita Galvan: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please check the official Infopack.