Deadline: 7 October 2019
Open to: young people aged 16-35
Venue: 19-24 November 2019, Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe and Digital [X] Working Group are announcing a call for Participants for the international seminar “Digitising the Youth Ar(c)tivism”.
The seminar will take place between 19-24 November in Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina (19 and 24 are travel dates to and from BiH). The project is the third and final phase of our annual work plan “Digital Technology For Democracy: Youth Turns Threat Into Opportunity” and is going to focus on finding innovative ways of communicating with one’s audience online through interactive creative means.
This seminar aims to:
(1) Explore the concept of artivism as a tool for change and analyze various contextual examples for connecting it to digital activism;
(2) Look into the possibilities of modern digital technologies in communicating the message to the audience;
(3) Explore different creative tools for youth engagement that will later be included in the publication and multimedia library.
The programme will be based on the principles of non-formal education and intercultural learning. They strive for an active, inclusive environment for direct communication and sharing of knowledge. The sessions will be balanced between theoretical inputs, work in small groups, workshops, discussions, training and other interactive methods of non-formal learning.
- They are looking for 30 young people aged 16-35, residing in one of the Council of Europe Member states, Belarus or Kosovo*;
- They encourage applications reflecting diversity in all forms; therefore we welcome applications from those who identify as women, LGBTQIA+, people of color or with a disability;
- Participants who have experience in artivism, digital activism and relevant knowledge or high motivation to learn about the topic are highly encouraged to apply.
- The full cost of travel, visa, lodging (accommodation in multi-bed rooms, vegetarian and vegan food, and refreshments) and working materials during the event will be covered by the organizers;
- In exchange, they ask for a participation fee of 20 EUR for participants coming from non-EU countries and 50 EUR for participants coming from EU countries, Norway, Switzerland, and Iceland;
- Applicants for whom paying this fee is an obstacle for participation, should still apply and mention this in their application (not a selection criteria). CDN will try to find a solution together with the applicant after the selection is finalized;
- CDN will reimburse 90% of the travel costs for the participants from the non-EU countries and 80% of travel costs for the participants coming from the EU countries, Iceland, Norway and Switzerland within reasonable limits and within Europe, with the condition to combine the most economic and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions).
How to apply?
In order to apply, please click here.
For more information and to apply please visit this link.