Deadline: 16 August 2019
Open to: all 18 to 25-year-olds from European Member States or COSME partners countries
Benefits: all-expenses-paid trip in Helsinki, Finland
Youth of Europe, it is time to make your voice heard! If you are between the ages of 18-25 the European Commission wants to hear your ideas and thoughts on the topic of entrepreneurship, SMEs and the European entrepreneurial ecosystem.
The Youth Essay competition, organised by the European Commission Directorate General for Single Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, is launching for the fourth time and is looking for submissions that answer the following:
“Write the speech that you would give as the new Commissioner for SMEs and entrepreneurship to Europe’s entrepreneurs”
The Youth Essay Competition is a chance to share your thoughts and opinions with key policymakers and entrepreneurs on a European platform within the domains of enterprise, entrepreneurship and SMEs.
This year, the competition will be divided into two rounds:
- Round 1: This is an open call to submit your speech. This submission is due by 16 August 2019
- Round 2: You have given your inauguration speech and journalists are asking you for more details about your ideas. If you are selected for the top 10, you will receive three ‘follow up’ questions asking you to expand upon the ideas in your speech.
- Entrants must be aged between 18 –25 (included) and be citizens of the European Union or COSME countries;
- Essays must not exceed 2,500 words in length;
- All essays must be in English;
- Only one entry per applicant;
- An all-expenses paid trip to the SME Assembly in Helsinki, Finland for the three finalists, to deliver their speeches to 500+ Assembly delegates;
- Presentation training before delivering speech live on stage at the SME Assembly 2019;
- Promotion of speeches across official social media channels.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.