Deadline: 25 June 2019
Open to: bachelor degree holders in gender studies, international development, social science and other relevant disciplines
Benefits: volunteer Living Allowance (VLA)
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. Volunteerism can transform the pace and nature of development and it benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer. UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for volunteerism globally, encouraging partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing volunteers.
Country of Assignment: Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
Host Institute: Resident Coordinator Office
Volunteer Category: International Youth
Number of Volunteer: 1
Duration: 12 months
Expected Starting Date: 01-10-2019
- Bachelor degree in gender studies, international development, social science and other relevant disciplines;
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) in international development, gender equality and women empowerment initiatives, peace and security and or other relevant disciplines;
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- Computer skills: (i.e. Microsoft Office applications and social media);
- Must be below 29 years of age;
- English (Mandatory) , Level – Fluent.
A UN Volunteer receives a Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA) per month and is paid at the end of each month to cover housing, utilities, transportation, communications and other basic needs.
How to apply?
In order to apply and read more information about this opportunity, please read the official open call.