Deadline: 4 April 2019
Open to: advanced University Degree or equivalent in public health, sociology, development studies, health systems, health economics, Social Sciences, or other related fields
Benefits: fixed term appointment (One year renewable)
The post is located in the Response & Technical Support Unit (RTSU), Humanitarian Office, Geneva. Under the oversight of the Team lead (the incumbent works with other specialists as part of an integrated, multidisciplinary technical team. Working closely with the Sexual and Reproductive Health Specialist, the incumbent provides capacity to support adolescent sexual and reproductive health programming in emergencies.
The overall purpose of the Humanitarian Office is to facilitate the delivery of the UNFPA mandate by supporting humanitarian preparedness, response, and recovery actions in increasingly complex humanitarian situations, within globally agreed frameworks (2030 Agenda, Grand Bargain Commitments, Sendai Framework, etc.).
This job position is open to advanced university degree or equivalent in public health, sociology, development studies, health systems, health economics, Social Sciences, or other related fields.
– 5 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in humanitarian programming in the field, part of which should be in health, sexual and reproductive health, youth, family planning, maternal health and/or population; prior experience in the UN system will be an asset; experience in training programme management needed;
– Familiarity with IASC and other humanitarian coordination mechanisms, guiding principles and standards;
– Experience needed in programme development and management and reporting;
– Excellent command of English and French required;
– Excellent interpersonal skills, creativity, strong project management skills, a positive and outgoing personality, and ability to interact successfully with people of different backgrounds and cultures.
– Fluency in English and French required; knowledge of another UN language will be an asset.
This position offers an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the post. The package includes a competitive net salary plus cost of living adjustment, housing allowance, home leave, health insurance and other benefits.
How to apply?
Please, follow the step-by-step guide while applying. (https://www.unfpa.org/resources/step-step-guide-apply)
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.