Deadline: 15 February 2019
Open to: applicants holding a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for
Benefits: up to EUR 10,000 for 1 year
The Faculty of Science and its alumni association Science@Leuven are proud to announce the Science@Leuven Scholarships!
Motivated and talented international students interested in participating in an international master programme of the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven are invited to apply for a scholarship. Due to specifically assigned scholarships, you can only apply for a limited number of Masters.
For the following masters you can apply for the Scholarship:
- Master of Chemistry;
- Master of Geography;
- Master of Physics;
- Master of Statistics.
Natural sciences have been taught at Leuven University, from the beginning in 1425. For centuries, these studies functioned mainly as a lead-up to studying medicine. In 1817, an independent Faculty of Science was founded.
The Faculty of Science offers international top-level programmes in all disciplines of the exact sciences. Academic education leans upon knowledge-driven research and initiatives for educational innovation likewise supported by research. Alongside programmes for bachelor, masters and PhD students, the faculty offers possibilities for lifelong learning to Bachelors and Masters in Science, in the exact sciences and their societal implementations. Science@Leuven Scholarships give scholars the chance to be part of this amazing institute.
The Faculty of Science brings content and objectivity to the public debate on current topics, with substantiated opinions and knowledge. Education, research and service to society are supported by the Departments of Mathematics, Physics and Astronomy, Chemistry, Biology, Earth and Environmental Sciences, and Computer Sciences. Together, they mean to be inspiring discussion partners for young people, for alumni and for professionals.
Science@Leuven Scholarships are for applicants from all over the world. This is a unique chance for interested students.
The Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, abbreviated KU Leuven, is a research university in the Dutch-speaking town of Leuven in Flanders, Belgium. It conducts teaching, research, and services in the sciences, engineering, humanities, medicine, law, and social sciences.
Applicants must meet and prove the following requirements:
- the applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before;
- the applicants have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for;
- the applicants have not yet acquired a master degree or a PhD;
- the applicants can prove excellent study results during their former training;
- the applicants can prove a very strong knowledge of English;
- the applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven;
- the applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the programme.
- The amount of the scholarship can be up to EUR10,000 for 1 year;
- The Board of the Science@Leuven Fund will decide exactly how much a scholarship will be given;
- The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage;
- The amount awarded for living expenses can vary;
- Most master programmes of the Faculty of Science are two-year programmes;
- The scholarship for the second master year will only be continued on the condition that the student had outstanding results the first master year.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please click here.
For more detailed information, please visit the official webpage.