Deadline: 13 January 2019
Open to: candidates of any nationality who hold a University Degree and a Masters Degree in biomedical sciences within the European Higher Education System (minimum 300 ECTS) or an equivalent University Degree that allows to start a PhD thesis
Benefits: an annual work contract with a competitive salary that will be renewed annually for a maximum of 4 years
CRG is recruiting within the CRG International Ph.D. Fellowships Programme, highly talented and motivated students, with backgrounds in biological or biomedical sciences, physics, chemistry, mathematics and/or computer science.
Fellows will benefit from an exciting international scientific environment and an integrated training programme, including access to state of the art infrastructure, lectures and seminars, specialized scientific and technological courses, complementary skills training and career development activities, Ph.D. symposia and retreats, as well as social activities.
Successful candidates will join research groups with top-level scientists and will carry out their research in one of the following scientific fields:
Bioinformatics, Genomics and Population Genomics, including methods and technology development, data integration, systems modeling and deep learning in the areas of genomics, proteomics, image bioinformatics, single-cell omics, and high throughput functional screens.
Medical Genomics, including clinical and statistical genetics, medical and single-cell genomics, molecular mechanisms of disease and disease heterogeneity, and evolutionary medicine.
Systems Biology and Genomics, including systems neurobiology, quantitative cell biology, cellular dynamics, algorithms, methods and technology development, data integration and visualization, imaging, synthetic biology, deep learning applied to biology and human health, and single cell biology.
Cell Biology, mechanistic and novel approaches to understand the process of cell compartmentation, division, growth, and tissue organization.
Cellular Decision Making and Interactions, including stem cell biology, host-microbiome interactions, differentiation and disease, evolution, and immunology.
Candidates should fulfill the following eligibility criteria at the time of the call deadline. If it becomes clear before, during or after the evaluation phase that one or more of the eligibility criteria have not been fulfilled, the proposal is declared ineligible and is withdrawn from any further examination.
- The call is open to candidates of any nationality;
- Candidates must have obtained a University Degree and a Masters Degree in biomedical sciences within the European Higher Education System (minimum 300 ECTS) or an equivalent University Degree that allows starting a Ph.D. thesis in the candidate’s home country by September 2019. Candidates who expect to be awarded such degree by September 2019 are eligible to apply;
- Candidates must have an excellent academic record, previous research experience and a strong commitment to scientific research;
- Candidates must have a high working knowledge of English;
- Candidates invited to previous Ph.D. call interviews are not eligible;
- Preferably, candidates may not have worked at the CRG for more than 6 months before the call deadline.
Selected PhD students will receive an annual work contract with a competitive salary that will be renewed annually for a maximum of 4 years ( 3-year contract for ITNs) following the applicable national regulationPh.D. All PhD students will receive full health and occupational insurance coverage and will be included in the Spanish Social Security System.
Training and other benefits
CRG fellows will benefit from the CRG Research and Training Programme, which includes:
- International scientific environment. CRG is located in Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB), a cluster for biomedical research in southern Europe, which includes several other biomedical research institutions and more than 1000 researchers;
- Advanced research training (training-through research, specific scientific and technology courses and a variety of CRG seminars and CRG/PRBB conferences with international invited speakers);
- Career development activities (Courses@CRG, INTERVALS Programme offered to PRBB residents);
- Cutting- edge advanced core facilities;
- Other initiatives and activities organised by the PRBB and CRG;
- Student community activities (Annual Retreat & Annual Symposium).
How to apply?
The applications must be submitted online here.
For further information please visit the official webpage.