Deadline: 19 November 2018
Open to: applicants with relevant professional experience of at least 10 years and an advanced university degree
Benefits: a permanent contract and a competitive package
The European Fund for the Balkans (EFB) undertakes and supports initiatives aimed at strengthening democracy, fostering European integration and affirming the role of the Western Balkans in addressing Europe’s emerging challenges. It was established in 2007 upon the joint initiative of European Foundations including the Robert Bosch Stiftung, the King Baudouin Foundation and the ERSTE Stiftung.
For more than ten years, through its grant-making and operational programmes, focusing on individuals and organisations from the Western Balkans, the Fund has become a key regional player connecting governments, civil society and international institutions around its vision.
As a result of its programmatic efforts, the Fund has indeed contributed to a continuous “Europeanisation” of the policies and practices of the Western Balkans countries on their way to EU accession, through merging of the region’s human capital with policy platform development, and a culture of regional cooperation.
The European Fund for the Balkans is looking for an Executive Director to capitalize on its outstanding achievements so far and to contribute to its future development. The successful candidate will be expected to take up office early 2019.
Preference will be given to candidates originating from one of the countries of the Western Balkans.
- Advanced university degree;
- Successful track record of the relevant professional experience of at least 10 years;
- Strong managerial skills and leadership experience, including the management and supervision of staff;
- Detailed knowledge of the countries of Western Balkans;
- Excellent understanding of the functioning and policy context of the EU, and more especially of the policies towards the Western Balkans;
- Ability to advise and work with executives at senior levels;
- Very strong organizational, analytical and communication skills (both written and oral), including fluency in English and at least one of the languages of the region;
- An extensive network of contacts within the Western Balkans region and EU institutions;
- Capacity to serve as effective public spokesperson for the Fund and to foster partnerships with potential funders.
A permanent contract and a competitive package in line with regional standards will be offered to the chosen candidate.
How to apply?
Applicants should send their CV and cover letter as well as the names and contact details of two referees by close of business to: applicationsEFB@nef-europe.org.
For further information, please visit the official website.