Deadline: 31 October 2018
Open to: international researchers
Fellowship: fully funded
Applications are invited for 14th Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship. These fellowships are open to international researchers working in the fields of Japanese language, Japanese language education, Japanese literature or Japanese culture who reside outside of Japan.
With the goals of further strengthening the fundamentals of international research into Japan and deepening understanding of Japan, the Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship invites leading international researchers of the Japanese language, Japanese language education, Japanese literature and Japanese culture to Japan to conduct residential research.
Hakuho Foundation supports frontline efforts, particularly efforts in the realm of language, that help nurture children’s ability to feel, think, express themselves and live with one another.
Researchers working in the fields of Japanese language,Japanese language education, Japanese literature or Japanese culture who reside outside Japan and meet all of the criteria below:
- Affiliated with a higher education or research institution (including postdoctoral scholars’ adjunct in Japanese and part-time lecturers);
- Scholar or researcher with a doctoral degree (including degrees due to be granted on or before December 31, 2017) and an extensive research or education background;
- Sufficient Japanese language proficiency to be able to conduct research in Japanese;
- Non-Japanese national residing outside of Japan or Japanese national who has resided outside of Japan for 10 years or more and been active in the academic community, etc. of the country of their residence;
- Able to stay continuously in Japan for the duration of the Fellowship period and participate in research reporting sessions arranged by the Foundation;
- Applications are not sought from those whose purpose is to write a doctoral thesis;
- As research reporting and communications with the Fellowship secretariat on various procedures will be conducted in Japanese only, a suitable level of Japanese language ability is required;
- Those who have previously received support for residential research in Japan may also apply.
Fellows will have their airfares, living and research expenses, housing and other expenses necessary for conducting research in Japan covered.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.