Deadline: 5 August 2018
Open to: participants aged 18 – 30
Venue: 17 – 23 September 2018, Turkey
Within the celebration of Al-Quds Ash-Sharif as the OIC Youth Capital 2018, the Islamic Conference Youth Forum for Dialogue and Cooperation(ICYF-DC), in partnership with the Higher Council for Youth and Sports of the State of Palestine and the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Turkey ,will organize an international youth camp in order to bring together and integrate young people sharing common values, historical and cultural heritage towards strengthening the ties of friendship and brotherhood among them and their societies, as well as to build a powerful future on shared values so as to contribute to the development of future young leaders sensitive about global and social issues, promoting the well-being of society and humanity at all points, preserving their values.
- To explore the crucial elements of a reliable journalist’s craft (balance, reliability, usage of proper sources);
- To learn to evaluate the reliability of sources and to approach any information critically;
- To explore the interrelation between media messages and tolerance/intolerance in our societies, especially in regards to the topic of migrant and refugee crisis;
- To learn how to distinguish between media and audience bias;
- To build the capacity of Muslim Youth in terms of leadership skills and empower them through meaningful participation in the media;
- To facilitate young people’s connection to heritage, language, culture and identity through media participation;
- To explore and understand media and youth participation in media with cultural diversity as concepts and group processes;
- To provide tools for multiplication and development of youth participation in media.
- To identify possible directions and strategy of work in the field of development of youth participation in media in the realities of participants;
- To raise awareness on the centrality of Al-Quds for the Muslim Ummah and its unique role as the centre of the tree Abrahamic religions to be preserved.
The final selection will be made by the organizing team according to the criteria described below;
- To be a citizen of the OIC Member State or representative of Muslim community in non-OIC Member States;
- Able to speak English;
- Aged 18 – 30;
- To have media background (study, work experience or interest);
- Involved in/coordinated any media related project;
- Active in community services;
- Motivated to attend the full duration;
- To be one of the young leaders with a specific change in his-her local community.
Travel: The relevant host organizers will cover round-trip travel expenses from his/her own country to Samsun Airport including the participant’s visa, medical and travel insurance and personal expenses.
Accommodation and other costs: Host organizers will cover domestic transportation, accommodation, food and other relevant local hospitality
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.