Deadline: 02 January 2018
Open to: young leaders between the ages of 18-26 years old
Benefits: fully funded program
The YLA brings together youth from all over the world, united by the goal of creating positive change in their communities. It is a one year program comprised of three components:
- The YLA Retreat;
- Project Implementation;
- Alumni Mentorship and Support.
The YLA launches with the Retreat in late July, held in New York, NY and Burlington, Vermont. It consists of three modules: Modern Leadership, Global Citizenship, and Local Change. During the final phase of the retreat, Young Leaders will create a unique action plan to address an issue in his/her community. Over the following year, Young Leaders implement their plans while being guided remotely through online workshops and a Mentor from the Young Leaders alumni community. Once Young Leaders have successfully completed the YLA they are eligible to apply for the Alumni Ventures Fund which awards grants of up to 5,000 USD with a year of professional mentorship.
Young Leaders Must:
- Be between the ages of 18-26 years old;
- Be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Have access to email or another internet platform that allows consistent communication with the MCW team and mentor for the duration of the year-long program;
- Demonstrate commitment to their community;
- Identify an issue faced by their community they would like to address;
- Commit to attending the weeklong retreat and spending the following year implementing change in their community and staying in contact with their mentor;
- Be eligible for appropriate visa and travel documentation;
- Submit completed application on or before January 2, 2018.
In an effort to make the program accessible to all individuals the Young Leaders Access Program MCW will cover all program costs and all flight costs for every accepted participant. This means that MCW will cover all costs during the program (July 24- August 2, 2018 ) including housing, food, travel, and any necessary supplies.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.