Deadline: 17 October 2017
Open to: applicants must be at least 21 by the start of the program
Benefits: fully funded program
The Halcyon Incubator was founded to ensure that all social entrepreneurs, regardless of their economic background, can succeed.
Equipping early-stage social entrepreneurs with the support they need to transform audacious ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures and change the world. The residency phase for Cohort 8 begins on February 5, 2018.
To be eligible for the Halcyon Incubator:
- Applicant(s) must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program;
- Applicant(s) must be fluent in English.The venture must be the original idea of the applicant(s);
- The venture must be in start-up idea, MVP, or pilot phase;
- The venture must have less than USD 500,000 annual revenue;
- The venture must be independent and autonomous. Ventures cannot be considered independent or autonomous if they were started under the direction of an existing organization;
- The applicant or applicant’s team must be the primary decision maker for the venture’s development and management;
- Applicant(s) must be able to make a full-time commitment to the venture’s development during the first twelve months of the fellowship;
- Applicant(s) who will be enrolled in a college or university during the time of the fellowship are not eligible;
- Applicant(s) must have legal work status in the United States or be able to obtain a visa for the Residency and Post-Residency phases;
- Applicant(s) must complete the entire online application and submit it and all required documents before the closing date.
The program reduces the financial barriers to starting a social venture by providing:
- Five months of free housing at the historic Halcyon House (Residency Phase);
- 13 months of free workspace at Halcyon House (Post-Residency Phase);
- A USD 10,000 stipend per venture for food and living expenses during the Residency Phase.
How to apply?
Interested candidates need to fill out the application form on the website.
For more information please visit the official website.