Deadline: 31 March 2018
Open to: students from all over the world
Benefits: a certificate, the award, and a trip to Stenungsund, Sweden
The Borealis Student Innovation Award is an international competition for students from all over the world.
This year’s competition marks the tenth anniversary of the award. Following Borealis’ trailblazing mission of value creation through innovation, their award aims to recognise your innovative thinking and pioneering solutions.
The award recognises and rewards the three best thesis research papers (one for a bachelor’s degree graduate, one for a master’s degree graduate and one for a doctorate degree graduate).
- Graduates in the area of sustainability, chemistry, polymer chemistry, polymer science, polymer analytic, technical chemistry, mechanical and industrial engineering or applications with a particular focus on polyolefins, olefins or base chemicals;
- Your thesis should not be more than two years old and must be finalised by the end of February 2018 to be eligible for the award.
- The Borealis Student Innovation Award consists of a certificate, the award, a trip to Stenungsund, Sweden;
- The trip will be in May 2018 to visit their Innovation Centre with a unique networking opportunity;
- A monetary sum of EUR 5,000 for the doctorate degree graduate awardee;
- A monetary sum of EUR 2,000 for the master’s degree graduate awardee;
- A monetary sum of EUR 1,000 for the bachelor’s degree graduate awardee;
- The winners will also have the opportunity to present and discuss their thesis work with members of the Borealis research team;
- They will bestow the three best research papers (bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate degree) with a certificate, a trophy as well as a monetary sum of EUR 1,000 for the bachelor’s awardee, EUR 2,000 for the master’s awardee and EUR 5,000 for the Ph.D. awardee.
How to apply?
To apply for the Borealis Student Innovation Award, please follow the instructions below to submit your application via email. The Borealis Student Innovation Award application must be in English and consist of the three parts listed below.
- Application Cover Sheet (Check the given apply link)
- A maximum two-page abstract on your thesis
- Your curriculum vitae (CV) (maximum two pages)
Please send these materials to StudentInnovationAward@borealisgroup.com.
For more information please visit the official website.