Deadline: 31 August 2017
Open to: international applicants
Benefits: full coverage of tuition, living expenses, and health insurance
The University of Adelaide offers Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) to attract high quality overseas postgraduate students to areas of research strength in the University of Adelaide to support its research effort.
The University of Adelaide is widely regarded as one of Australia’s leading Universities and it is the third-oldest university in Australia. The University is associated with five Nobel laureates and 104 Rhodes scholars.
In order to be eligible, applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year). All qualifying programs of study must be successfully completed.
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are not considered;
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree;
- International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the scholarship closing date, or who have completed a Pre-Enrolment English Program to meet the entry requirements for the intended program of study, are not eligible;
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible;
- Those undertaking research via remote candidature are ineligible;
- Candidates are required to enroll in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrollment in the University;
- Candidates who have applied for Australian permanent resident status can apply for ASI scholarships;
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award, unless they can establish that they were unable to apply in the previous round;
- Scholarships holders must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship is offered;
- Applicants who applied and were eligible for consideration in an international scholarship round, and were unsuccessful, will automatically be reconsidered in the following international scholarship round, assuming they hold a valid offer of candidature for that intake;
- An applicant who has been considered in 2 rounds cannot be reconsidered in any future scholarship rounds;
- The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrollment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
The benefits of the scholarship include:
- Course tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only);
- An annual living allowance (AUD 26,288 in 2016) for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only), and
- For Student Visa (Subclass 500) visa holders the award provides compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the standard duration of the student visa. It does not cover the additional 6 month extended student visa period post thesis submission. If the award holder does not hold a subclass 500 visa then he/she is responsible for the cost of health insurance.
How to apply?
To apply please submit a formal application for Admission and a Scholarship via the online application system.
There is no application fee.
For more information please visit the official website.