Open to: international students
Scholarship: monthly stipend of EUR 1,000
Goethe University’s Master scholarship program is a groundbreaking project, and unique in the academic landscape of Germany.
They are seeking outstanding candidates who are interested in joining one of our MA or MSc programs, which are deeply embedded in our strongest research units (Centers of Excellence, collaborative research centers, and LOEWE CENTERS).
The purpose of the scholarship is to foster your academic career, to enable you to become involved in existing research projects and to actively support you during your Master’s degree studies. A Master’s degree is the prerequisite for starting a Ph.D. in one of Goethe University’s seminal research units.
Please note each of the Master’s programs has different basic requirements and thus you are requested to study the program you are applying for. However, the basic requirements are:
Are you well versed in your academic discipline and particularly interested in research?
You hold or are on track for an excellent or above-average Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a university outside Germany?
- You are looking for an interesting Master’s program and are considering a Ph.D. in the long run?
- You want a platform to exchange ideas with other international researchers about the topics you are passionate about?
- Are you seeking hands-on experience in research under the supervision of excellent professors in a renowned university with state-of-the-art facilities?
- Are you highly motivated to conduct research in a particular research unit based at Goethe University?
- You need a stepping stone to start a successful, international career and funding for your Master’s program?
Goethe University will provide you, as a scholarship holder, with:
- A monthly stipend of EUR 1,000 for the standard period of study in a Master program at Goethe-University (generally 2 years);
- Excellent academic supervision by professors and academic staff who work in most cases in the university’s most distinguished research units;
- The option to write your Master’s thesis and other seminar papers or do an internship in their respective research unit;
- Support and orientation by an experienced Master’s student buddy during your studies;
- Access to seminars focusing on professional skills at the Graduate Academy normally open only to Ph.D. students and postdocs;
- Innovative research environment and networks to fellow scholarship holders and other advanced researchers;
- Career support through Goethe University’s Research Support Office;
- Insight and involvement in the activities of multidisciplinary research groups at Goethe University.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.