Deadline: 15 July 2017
Open to: citizen of an eligible country
Scholarship: travel, tuition, monthly stipend, accomodation and health insurance
The Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA) provides fully-funded scholarships for master’s degree study to individuals who clearly demonstrate academic and professional excellence and a deep commitment to leading positive social change in their communities.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of an eligible country;
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, and civil society leadership potential;
- Have a bachelor’s degree awarded before July 15, 2017, and an excellent academic record;
- Demonstrate professional experience in a relevant area;
- Demonstrate proficiency in the language of instruction (English, German or French) at a level required for admission to host universities;
- Be able to participate in an intensive pre-academic summer school in July or August 2018 and start their degree program in August or September 2018;
- Be able to receive and maintain a visa or study permit as required by the host country;
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to return to their home country or region to continue supporting open society development.
CSLA grantees will receive financial and administrative support for the following:
- Pre-academic preparation via summer schools;
- Program-related travel;
- Tuition and mandatory university fees;
- Monthly stipend for room, board, and other living expenses;
- Accident and sickness insurance during the program;
- Funds for educational materials and professional development;
- Attendance at a regional Scholarship Programs conference;
- Accommodations during the application process and the duration of the grant for applicants with disabilities.
How to Apply?
All candidates are strongly encouraged to apply online if possible using Submittable, an online platform.
- To apply online, please register on Submittable and then follow instructions;
- Paper applications may be accessed in the Download Files section;
- Please download the application form before completing or printing, and review the accompanying materials before submitting your application.