Deadline: May 14 2017
Open to: Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Russia, Slovakia
Venue: Warsaw, Poland
The 2017 edition of the Visegrad School of Political Studies Meets Russia is titled “Empowering Civil Society” and aims at supporting civil society, combating stereotypes and strengthening ties between young social and political leaders from Europe and Russia. Through practical workshops, discussions and simulations, the participants will be equipped with a tool kit necessary for their everyday work in civil society organizations or media outlets. The sessions are organized by the European Academy of Diplomacy in cooperation with our Russian partners.
In 2017, the VSPS Meets Russia initiative will combine 4 elements:
- March Session (20 – 24 March) – 5 Russian participants attend the Spring School of Diplomatic Skills,
- June Session (5 – 9 June) – 5-day workshop for 20 young leaders from Russia and V4 countries focused on social and political activism,
- July Session (3 – 7 July) – 5 Russian participants attend the Diplomatic Skills Masterclass,
- September Session – 5-day workshop for 20 young leaders from Russia and V4 countries focused on journalism.
The VSPS Meets Russia June Session will be held on 5 – 9 June 2017 and will bring together 20 participants (10 from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and 10 from Russia), representatives of civil society, activists or aspiring politicians.
The program includes:
- Public Speaking Workshop;
- Campaigns Workshop: strategies, message, channels of communication;
- Leadership and Team Management;
- Communication Strategies for Civil Society Organizations;
- V4 Experience in Development of Civil Society;
- Social Media Campaigns;
- Networking, cultural program in Warsaw.
The program is addressed to NGO representatives, aspiring journalists, social and political activists from Russia and V4.
- Citizenship of one of the following countries: Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Russia, Slovakia;
- Minimum 26 years of age;
- Minimum 3 years of working experience and proven track history of involvement and engagement within their community (i.e. involvement in the NGO sector, student unions, civil society organizations);
- English language competency: C1.
The VSPS Scholarship covers:
- Participation fee;
- 5 days of workshop;
- Materials, certificate, lunches and coffee breaks.
How to apply?
Applicants will need to provide a short biography, CV, and a statement of motivation, and submit the VSPS Meets Russia online application form by May 14.
For more information please visit the official website.