Deadline: 28 May 2017
Open to: persons with Ph.D. and post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution
Remuneration: lump sum of 4,000 EUR gross
Applications are sought from outstanding academics working in areas connected with the study of migration politics with a focus on Europe and/or the EU. This position is specifically dedicated to supporting a researcher, who is threatened in his/her home country due to the content of his/her scientific work or opinions he/she has expressed.
The successful candidate will fulfill the following criteria:
- Doctoral degree/Ph.D. and post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution;
- Be currently at risk in her/his home country;
- Outstanding achievements in research, excellent publication record, international reputation;
- Have a good knowledge of English or German;
- Hold a valid passport/travel document and be able to travel to Austria.
- The candidate is expected to teach one course in the department´s Master’s degree programme in the autumn term 2017/18 (1 October 2017 to 31 January 2018);
- The course can be taught as a “block seminar” which means it can take place within 2-3 weeks within a period of 90 days;
- The salary will be a lump sum of 4,000 EUR gross;
- Other expenses are not reimbursable.
How to Apply?
- Motivation Letter including a brief description of current research interests and academic teaching;
- A confidential application letter describing the researcher’s situation;
- Academic Curriculum Vitae including list of publications;
- A syllabus (4-6 pages) for the course that is planned to be taught;
- A copy of the applicant’s Ph.D. diploma.
Applications (in English or German) must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit the official website.