Deadline: 27 March 2017
Open to: students
Venue: 2-8 July 2017, L’Aquila (Italy)
Next July 2-8 2017, the Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI), Social Sciences Unit, in cooperation with the Regional Science Association International (RSAI), will organize the RSAI-GSSI Summer School of Advanced Economic Geography in L’Aquila.
The event is intended to provide a unique opportunity to investigate leading-edge theoretical and methodological issues and to discuss ongoing research by young promising scholars in the field. Besides a substantive training through advanced classes, the school will also provide the students with the opportunity to present their work to the other participants and instructors to receive feedback to further advance their research. The residential school will offer 10 scholarships to 2nd or 3rd year doctoral students for an intensive, one-week program with in-depth classes in spatial analysis and economic geography complemented by more formal sessions on leading-edge theoretical and methodological issues and research-practice, skills-based sessions on journal publishing and successful grant applications.
The Residential School format is a 6-day meeting. It includes time for research and discussion – combining conventional classes, “practicals” and seminars where the participants can present their current research projects.
Students are eligible to apply.
Participants will be offered:
- free participation (no fees);
- shared accommodation and meals;
- travel reimbursement up to: EUR 200 for Italian students; EUR 300 for European students; EUR 500 for students coming from the rest of the world
How to apply?
Complete application should include:
- Title of the research project and an extended abstract (1500 words including contribution, theoretical framework, empirical approach and/or first results);
- One reference letter from Ph.D. thesis advisors/supervisors.
Applications must be sent to: email@example.com with the following email subject: “Application RSAI-GSSI Summer School”.
For more information please visit the official web page.